martedì 25 giugno 2013

Make Up Moments: summer alternatives for your face

Yeah, I know, this is meant to be a nail polish blog. Since a year, with the help of my sister, I have however started learning more about make up. It's a cheap kind of shopping (at least for me) that I find extremely relaxing- a sort of color therapy, if you wish.
So I'm gonna talk more about make up here, I guess. I'm no make up artist, but I can still give honest reviews.

Onwards to my first make up post, then. One of the many reasons why I hate summer is the fact that I can't wear much make up or my face will melt. Therefore, no foundation. Are you pale as hell and want to see some alternatives?


1) Garnier BB Cream. They call this shade light, but it's not. Pale skins, this is not for you, as you'll see in the swatches. It smells very nicely and has a good moisturizing effect, so if it fits your skin tone it could be a nice alternative.

2) Shaka powder in 01, Ivory. I didn't like this one at first, for the yellow undertone and the fact that, applied with a brush, it was too dark. Using a sponge or a puff you'll get a better coverage and it harmonizes with the skin color in a different, better way. It has a good long lasting power, too.

3) Essence Mineral Compact Powder in 02, soft beige. Still a bit too dark for my skintone, but, as the Shaka one, it can be used better with a sponge and covers pores and imperfections fairly well. It gives a good matt finish and a good lasting power, about the same as the Shaka one. The main difference between the two I'd say is the undertone, this one has pink undertones but is darker.

4) Essence 2 in 1 Make-Up & Powder in 10, soft beige. First and foremost let me say that I am a bit confused by Essence's color policy. Is there really the need to have two shades with the same color but different number that are also very different on skin?
Apart from this, I'd say this one is my personal favourite: as you can see in the photo, I've already used it a lot. A very light shade that creates more coverage if applied with a wet sponge- don't expect miracles, it's not a foundation, but it has a good coverage and lasting power. I also noticed that mixed with a bit of day cream it could make a nice concealer. In the box there's also sponge and mirror, it's perfect for travels.

And here's the swatches, from left to right: Essence Mineral Compact Powder, Shaka Powder, Essence 2 in 1, Garnier BB Cream. It's hard to make recommendations for those, since it depends a lot on your skintone.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento